The use of reusable bags is great than paper or plastic bags. You cannot just save money, but also the planet. In this post, let’s understand how paper and plastic bags are less beneficial than reusable totes.
Reasons to avoid plastic bags
- The risk to animals – Land and marine life choke the plastic bags, which can cause pain and distress or even death. Swallowing the plastic bag can cause an obstruction in the stomach or intestine, which can cause death. Not just the land, the ocean also has a lot of plastic floating on water.
- A threat to the environment – Plastic bag usage is too short, but takes decades to a breakdown in the landfills. A plastic bag can get recycled, but only a little percentage gets collected and reprocessed. Every year more than 100 billion plastic gets used only in the US, which needs 12 million oil barrels to manufacture. According to the survey, only 1% gets recycled and the remaining winds up in the landfills or litter. The greenhouse gas emission is three times more than a reusable green bag.
Particulars about the paper bags
Paper bags are still a good option at the grocery store. Many people assume it to be an eco-friendly option when compared to plastic bags. Unfortunately, paper bag manufacture is damaging to the environment.
- More energy is needed to make paper than plastic bags.
- Every year ten billion paper bags are used in the US, which means 14 million trees get cut each year.
- Paper bag production cost is more.
- Paper bags generate 70 times more air pollutants and 50 times more water pollutants in comparison.
It means the paper bag is not greater than plastic. Both are unhealthy for the environment. You can visit Custom Earth Promos.com to check on the variety of high-quality custom grocery bags. It is an online website that specializes in producing reusable custom bags, recycled water bottles, etc. Below are some benefits of washable or recycled bags.
- Reusable bags are used for several years. It is machine washable, so you get to use them for a long time.
- Reusable bags are designed from a strong material, which can easily carry a lot of weight than plastic or paper bags.
- Reusable bags are made from a renewable source and are biodegradable. Unlike, plastic or paper bags manufacturing reusable jute totes save resources.
- Plastic and paper bags are not reliable but reusable bags are strong and carry a lot more without any worries. It means you can carry more comfortably at a time.
- Keep a couple of reusable bags in the car, so whenever you need one it is easily accessible.
- Keep extra recyclable bags strategically like in the garage or your purse or near the front door.
- You can put reusable bags for a variety of uses like packing beach supplies, carry picnic lunch, etc.
- Influence everyone in the family to use them.
- Wash them regularly, so they stay safe and clean to use all the time.
Contribute towards a healthy and less cluttered environment using reusable grocery bags!