Though the summer has just arrived, if you’re an avid skier, you may already be mapping out your next winter vacation. When planning where to spend your beloved time on the slopes, your checklist likely includes items like a great ski chalet, amazing ski and snowboard trail, lots of snow, fantastic après ski culture and a traffic free environment. If that sounds about right then look no further than Obergurgl for your ultimate winter Ski Chalets Solden experience.
Obergurgl has been a popular destination for winter activities for decades. Located in the beautiful Ötztal Valley in Austria, the high altitude village boasts some of the best snow on record and less traffic than luxury ski resorts in the nearby villages, Solden and St Anton. Staying at one of the many ski chalets in Obergurgl will give you immediate access to all you need: powder snow, trails for all ski levels, delicious restaurants and links to the higher village of Hochgurgl. If you are not a skier but still love visiting luxury ski resorts, fear not, other activities are at your fingertips. From the steps of your ski chalet you can enjoy winter walks, snow shoeing, Nordic skiing, indoor horseback riding or take the gondola to Hochgurgl for a picturesque view of the valley.
Tips for your Trip
· To book the perfect ski chalet in Obergurgl, research will be required! We recommend using www.obergurgl.com to find the place that suits your ski chalet needs. The accommodation finder will do the work for you!
· Alternately, if you are looking for a luxury ski resort for a group, your best bet would be to book the Chalet at 11˚ East, a relaxed and cozy, yet luxurious chalet on the doorstep to Obergurgl and Hochgurgl’s slopes. To inquire, go to the Chalet at 11˚ East’s website www.thechalet.com.
· Fly to Innsbruck – this is the closest airport and Obergurgl is just a short drive, bus or taxi ride away.
· Be prepared for a low-key and relaxed atmosphere. Obergurgl has great restaurants and après ski culture; however, it is much more civilized than what you typically find in St Anton.
· Enjoy the traffic-free environment; Obergurgl bans nighttime traffic to add to the winter-wonderland atmosphere.
For more tips about where to go and what to do in Obergurgl, check out the official tourism site www.thechalet.com.